Chip Hartzell teaches young couples at his local church about the Christian view of family finances. Dr. Rick Janelle asked him to share a few basic things from the beginning of his set of classes.
Here are some of the things discussed in this video:
- 2 key questions on many people’s minds:
- How much money is enough?
- Will I ever have enough money?
- 1 definition:
- “Steward” = “care-taker” not “owner”
- 2 key ideas:
- Gifts from God make us “stewards”
- Those gifts can be a wide range of things, including money, mates, children, jobs, etc.
- 2 key points:
- What we have is God’s gift to us
- What we do with it is our gift to God
- 4 Points from Jesus’ Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30)
- God Owns It All
- Growth in Our Ability to Handle Things is the Key
- The Amount/Value we start with isn’t Important
- Faith requires Action and the Proper Usage of the Gift
Video shot at Lawson Creek Park, Downtown New Bern, NC with Chip Hartzell on April 22, 2015.
Links for more information on the New Bern, NC area: